All Rescues are not the Same
Looking to add a Boxer to your family? We hope you'll check us out!
Why adopt from Green Acres Boxer Rescue?
- GABR was established in 1999 and is highly reputable. We have helped over 800 dogs, including many senior dogs and dogs with extraordinary medical needs.
- We are licensed with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection as required by WI state law.
- Our foster homes are knowledgeable about the breed and provide care, training, and rehabilitation for foster dogs.
- Every dog has a thorough behavioral assessment before being offered for adoption and is continually assessed while in rescue.
- Every dog is examined by a veterinarian, brought up to date on vaccinations, heartworm testing, and is spayed/neutered prior to placement and we make adopters aware of any ongoing medical needs.
- We support our adopters and keep in contact well after the adoption is finalized.
In addition, GABR:
- works with animal shelters to alleviate over-crowding and works with other rescues to provide increased adoption opportunities.
- has been an official 501(c)(3) non-profit for over 15 years and is fiscally responsible.
- thoroughly processes adoption applications, which includes veterinary reference checks and personal reference checks.
- invites potential adopters to meet the dog in its home environment and does dog-dog introductions as a part of the adoption process
- does home visits to see where the dog will be living and make sure the home is ready for a dog ( has food, bowls, fencing, etc.)
- takes the time to review the adoption contract with the adopter.
- takes dogs back into rescue at any time, as required in our adoption contract.
- never sacrifices quality for quantity and maintains high standards and ethics.